Life Changing Injury

Thursday, June 22, 2006

How can .. ?

(Posted to fathers4equality in response to comments about the daughter suing her father.)

Best evidence is American the lucky devils :)
In Australia we have whatever the Judge will allow: "If it pleases your Honour, may I offer this evidence?". --DanO


Hi Jamie,

If you look at the site where that article is posted, you'll understand why I say that no one knows if he screwed it up at this point.
That is a site that is using the confusion and suffering of children maliciously to support the current anti-male and anti-father political climate. It's not hard to read between the lines. Looking at the write-ups, no children may have even existed. Those were all written by the same person.

It is just as likely the mother was promiscuous personally and with the daughter, and the father's practical judgment has angered the daughter. There is no one who can or should make a quick judgment about what happened there.


As I probably do too often, I can recant my own experience here.

My ex allowed her 14-year old daughter to party until 3-4AM with 18-20+ year old men on school nights. I questioned (my ex) and she told me I didn't understand Australian culture; and should let her decide what was best for her daughter.
When her oldest son pointed out to me that I should do something about it because the daughter had intimated that those were wild parties involving various illegal drugs, I decided to try to put a stop to this stuff. The mother turned on me.
Despite the ugliness around the house that continued for a month or more, the mother stopped allowing the daughter to attend the parties on school nights.
Both mother and daughter held a grudge that never ended.

From that point forward, the daughter "hated" me. I shook it off as just the problems of a new step-father and step-daughter; and the "hate" as an adolescent exaggeration (more a function of an undeveloped vocabulary...)
I had garnered that perspective from a step-parents' reading list I signed up for at the Victorian Library. It reinforced my own thinking.

I tried many times to make amends by offering insight and advice to the mother about what might be best for the daughter, but never directly to the daughter because of the walls the mother enforced. In time, it became idiotic. Any time I mentioned the daughter's name, the mother went off the handle. I even illustrated that to her a few times.

She had found a particularly sensitive issue to use as an excuse for her abuse.

Years later, when I was severely disabled and the mother was being abusive daily, she threw the incident up to me as proof that I hated her daughter.
And at that point in the relationship, the abusive mother had segregated the household to the point the daughter believed I hated her -- despite the fact that nothing in my words or actions indicated it. -- But my words and actions were being interpreted to the daughter by the mother.

What was made up or exaggerated, or dissociated, I will never know.

Neither will any of the courts or legal system, since no one ever bothered to investigate. Or if they did, they never talked to me. If there is an effective legal grounds for suing the government or other agencies, it would probably be that.
How can a magistrate make a judgment on an issue where there has been no investigation?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Rate me on Eatonweb Portal Blog Directory
bad enh so so good excellent