Life Changing Injury

Monday, September 18, 2006

Six Questions

James Adams of fathers4equality Australia asked the following 6 questions:

I want your opinions on these questions...

  1. Would you advise your son(s) not to have kids?
  2. Do you think that "normal men warn each other about having kids?
  3. If you had your time again, would you not had children?
  4. Do you think that men's "Commitment Phobia" is actually sensible fear?
  5. Do you think that Family Law and C$A is an important factor in low birth-rates?
  6. If you want, do you have anything to add about fatherhood and fertility (PLEASE MAKE THIS SHORT)

No sane person wants to think of government policy when it comes to such a basic human function as having children, but the Australian government seems to want to force policy into people's lives at many levels. The answers to the six questions above are only one way.
There is still a $3000 bribe to have children - and I understand they're considering raising it to $5000. -- The government seems to be of two minds about things.

The answers to the questions are predictable, considering the purpose of fathers4equality:

1: Would you advise your son(s) not to have kids?
NO. They are a thriving business for women thanks to FLC & C$A .

2: Do you think that "normal men warn each other about having kids?
NO. But starry starry eyes you know. Show them prooof. T.V. ads!

3: If you had your time again, would you not had children?
NO. I would not have children and that is sad because I love my children.

4: Do you think that men's "Commitment Phobia" is actually sensible fear?
YES. And it's about time it started.

5: Do you think that Family Law and C$A is an important factor in low birth-rates?
NO. But they are high factors in increasing 'father' suicides.

6: If you want, do you have anything to add about fatherhood and fertility? (PLEASE MAKE THIS SHORT).
Fatherhood is beautiful and fertility can be terminated. Use a sperm bank, go overseas and get a surrogate mother: until Australian Feminism wakes up to itself.
You can live without a wife and enjoy fatherhood.
I think he expressed a weird sense of patriotism in the first answer (which I think he just misread, but it's fun...) He won't tell his son(s) not to have kids because it would be good for the Australian economy?
Even more fun is that he wants his kids to be shown the truth - on TV ads?!!
He doesn't want kids now, and believes that 'Commitment Phobia' is reasonable.

These issues are so important to anyone who lives, so poignant, so very primal and basic - It's hard not to sound a little like Homer Simpson. And the government seem to want to treat people like they are little action figure dollsm that can be taken out of some dusty closet to buy, sell, or bend in any shape.
It makes you wonder a little if something about having a title reduces people to something less than real. Most of the people on fathers4equality would say it's just the influence of victim feminists, but who knows?

Action figure
Originally uploaded by ImaginaryGirl.

Here are my own answers. I'll add more as more answers when I can.


1: Would you advise your son(s) not to have kids?

I don't have any sons, but I have talked face to face to young lifeguards and young men that I've met. For the most part, the looks I get say, "He's just had a bad break. His words are just sour grapes.", but when I say look into it for themselves, I can see that some of them have.

2: Do you think that "normal men warn each other about having kids?

I would say warning young men about the present prejudiced system is a duty of all men to pass on to younger men, whether they are fathers or not. For a father to fail to tell his children, male and female, of the prejudice in the system is to fail his children.

3: If you had your time again, would you not had children?

When I came to Australia, I intended to have children, if possible, and/or to adopt and raise children. There is nothing that could make me want to raise children in Australia under the current system. I do not want my sons taught that they are brutish abusers. I do not want my daughters raised to be victims.

4: Do you think that men's "Commitment Phobia" is actually sensible fear?

For myself, and for all the men I have met, vicariously or in person, from fathers4equality, there is not "Commitment Phobia". These men are committed to their children and to the future of Australia.
Their fears, like mine, are more correctly called "social anxiety" resulting from the institutionalized prejudice and abuse that we see in the system.

5: Do you think that Family Law and C$A is an important factor in low
birth-rates?

How many ways?
Physiologically, an anxious man is increasingly sterile and unable to perform sexually. Men are human. Impotence is a common result of long term abuse and anxiety. The present system poisons the perception of all people towards their future.
As Dan says in another message, he does not want his sons to face what he has been forced to deal with.
Psychologically, I can cite many studies, but I can also speak for myself. When I was first with my ex, I could hardly keep my hands off her for the first year. As she became increasingly abusive, culminating in her threats to abuse the present system, my interest in her diminished to the point she complained about it in writing!
But she could not reverse the social pressure to be a victim; and she has taught her daughter to the same victim-abuser role in Australian society. Her daughter has already found similar results in her own relationships.

Any man, when he puts aside the concerns of adolescence, looks pragmatically to the world around him. One result of the economic pressures on men and women has resulted in having children much later than in previous generations. The average age of new parents is 28-30 now.
Why would any young man look at the demoralising influence of prejudice in the system and not be influenced? If he is intelligent enough to be a good father, he cannot miss it.
Why would any man have children under such an irresistible pressure?

6: If you want, do you have anything to add about fatherhood and fertility?
(PLEASE MAKE THIS SHORT)

I've heard so many times about the wonders of the short-tailed lizard, which can reproduce without sexual intercourse. If, in the fantasies of victim feminists, this is the future of mankind that they'd like to hurry along, I wish them all the best so long as they stay away from me. The concept of living without the joys of affection and the wonders of sexual differences makes for a pretty bleak world.
But then, in their hurry to force that sort of world, this one is becoming more and more bleak.
Reminds me that Homer Simpson says a few wise, smart things once in a while. Why am I thinking about blind squirrels and acorns then?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Rate me on Eatonweb Portal Blog Directory
bad enh so so good excellent