Life Changing Injury

Saturday, April 29, 2006

(My response to the fathers4equality group on Yahoo. I hadn't asked the respondent for permission, so I deleted their name.)


Well (removed), you just proved you are not the inhuman brute.
The idea that you would be concerned about your ex when she was old says it all. The thought would have never occurred to a abusive selfish brute/child.
(The man had said he was concerned that his ex would be alone and unhappy when she grew old and needed the support of their children. The children were already ejecting her abusive ways.)

I realize that in time (my ex) will have to face the realities of what she's done. And, perhaps someday, the person that she is.

A few times when things were rough, I called different members of her family to tell them what was happening in that house and to ask their advice.
I was trying to keep the issues within the local immediate family. I was asking for help from others in her family because she was brutally abusive day after day. I put it clearly, "The person you deal with is not the one I do.", and gave examples.
Only her aging mother seemed to understand. She told me others in the family had had similar experiences with (my ex).
The rest of the family had no idea how to respond. They just hid in denial.

In time, her family simply turned against me. Each one I asked for advice turned to her for her side of the story, and I have no idea what she told them. I do know that she didn't tell them the truth. -- Not one of them ever came back to me.

You can't really blame them. Abuse is poorly understood even by mental health professionals. (My ex) had a lot of experience as an abuser.
This is a woman who, when she left her ex husband (before me), surprised even her younger son and daughter -- 16 and 13 at the time -- and everyone in the neighborhood. One day she was talking with her ex husband about going in for relationship counselling; the next she just moved out to her brother's. The move shocked everyone.
I think she said one friend knew about it.

As a result of that surprise and I imagine their other experience with (my ex), not one of her neighbors came to hear her side of the breakup. She had lived in that house for 23 years.
Someday her kids and her family will realize what and who she really is, and then they will turn from her. It's truly sad.

Happily, I won't be around to see it. I don't even want to see her or her family again.
With one reservation: I would happily see her and her daughter put in jail for what they did. I would go to court to testify and put them away.
But that's a level of justice this country will not reach for a while.

--Paul

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Rate me on Eatonweb Portal Blog Directory
bad enh so so good excellent