Life Changing Injury

Friday, May 19, 2006

How not to see a Minister

When my former house was up for sale, I tried repeatedly to find someone who would listen. In my opinion, the proceeds from the house were the proceeds from criminal acts.

After numerous emails describing the situation and some of the evidence, Greg Hunt, Federal Member for Flinders, suggested that he should write Bruce Billson, Federal Member for Dunkley, and Philip Ruddock, MP and Federal Attorney General, on my behalf.
As a result, I called Mr Billson's office repeatedly, talking primarily to one office worker, over the course of more than a month.
I requested an appointment with Mr Billson three times.

Twice I was told that someone would return my calls and set an appointment. Each time, I waited a week and the call never came.
Finally, after complaining about the two previous attempts to see Mr Billson, the staffer put me on hold to check the Minister's schedule. An appointment was set for 4PM on a Friday. I was told that I would have half hour and should make my presentation clear. Fair enough.

I called the office staffer a couple of days before the appointment, but he wasn't in the office. The lady who keeps the Minister's calendar told me that Mr Billson would not be in the office that Friday, he had been scheduled to be in Canberra for weeks.
You can draw your own conclusions. I'm only sure of one thing: the staffer knew that I would not be meeting the Minister on that Friday.

Corruption in Australian government is pandemic. From the AWB scandal, where wheat was sold by bribing Saddam with $290 million, to the lowest local courts, where incompetent magistrates are allowed to ruin 20-60 lives a week, and this staffer, all hiding behind the mask of due process.
Judgment is only exercised to determine how many things can be tossed into the "too hard" bin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Rate me on Eatonweb Portal Blog Directory
bad enh so so good excellent