Life Changing Injury

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Telling the stories

In response to:



Re: Male suicide 
There certainly are some,but a reminder on this subject.

Think about the further pain it would bring to the fathers
and
mothers to have the painful memories dug up again
and spread around all the tabloids so that shareholders
can earn more profits out of the pain and suffering.

- by Paul H, fathers4equality list


I'm very aware of the pain (of those who have experienced suicide as a result of illegal Intervention Orders and judgments).

Like everyone here, we are all hurting.
  There is some catharsis for such pain in sharing it, certianly.
And more than that, knowing that sharing your pain might prevent someone
else
from having to go through the same sort of experience.

That really is the point.
   
  There will be some, perhaps many, who simply cannot think about what they've been
through. It is not easy. I didn't go through someone else suiciding; I was suicidal
myself for more than a year -- first while enduring the abuse, then after being
subjected to the Intervention Orders being used as extortion.


  For more than a year, anything I wrote about this time made me shake and stream
tears. In fact, every time I write to this list, I am upset.

I still stream uncontrollable tears many days.
  I lived in constant depression and anxiety attacks that ran on for days.
And yes, part of the reason is that I kept writing.
  I have written literally hundreds of emails; a couple of dozen letters to
officials; and hundreds of posts to this list and others - all to really no avail.

But I chose this course over violence or legal action: over violence
-- towards myself or others -- because I do not feel it was ever
warranted; over legal action because I simply do not have the money.
  I sincerely feel that what these people have done should put them in jail,
but as Mr Ruddock so plainly put it in a recent letter to me and

Greg Hunt (federal MP for Flinders, who wrote Ruddock and Hulls on my behalf),
it is "not in the public interest" to prosecute such actions.
   Do I know the pain of someone close to me committing suicide?
Yes, but not in this process.
  Do I empathize with those who have? Yes, certainly.
  Do I believe that recouping something positive from what has happened is
important? I am living it despite my own pain.
  It is a personal choice. It is not easy. I can say to anyone who makes that
choice that it will be frustrating and painful, and there are no guarantees
that anything positive will come of it -- because of attitudes like those
of Mr Ruddock and Mr Hulls.
  Yet I would still encourage them to write their stories and share them.
I have to believe that this will come to fruition, or I lose my faith in
too many things important to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Rate me on Eatonweb Portal Blog Directory
bad enh so so good excellent