Life Changing Injury

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Interestiing Letter

I recieved an interesting letter from Philip Ruddock yesterday.
He tells me that he had referred my case to the Federal Magistrates' Court, but has withdrawn the referral since there was no case there. He assumed, after reading the letters I'd sent, that I would press my case in the FMC, as indeed he, and others, had assumed I would. Many friends, including two lawyers, have pointed out that my case could be pressed in the federal courts and the criminal courts.

I'll have to write Mr Ruddock back and explain that I did not because I had acceded to the extortion. At the time, a little over a year ago, I was in no physical, emotional, or financial state to move any further. I had to take what relief there was in surrendering the extortion.

I will also point out that it should not be up to someone in that state of mind to defend themselves against such an abuse of the system; that the system should have the means -- through oversight, training, standards, and facilities -- to defend itself against being abused so easily.
There is, to date, no such facilities in existance still.
It is not some idealistic fantasy to expect the courts to exercise their powers with real understanding. When a magistrate sees someone who has explained the scope of their disability standing, hyperventilating and shaking against a wall, it is not unreasonable to expect that magistrate to allow a recess, instead of pressing forward with the case. Expecting someone in that state to cross examine witnesses is ridiculous.
This is not within the bounds of judicial discretion. It is difficult to find the words to convey the concept other than simply inhuman brutality. The court's time is not that valuable.

1 Comments:

  • The irony here is rather simple, if you read the next post on this blog titled, "Female Abusers."
    I simply chose to walk away.

    My only stipulation for my abusers was that I never had to lay eyes on any of them again.

    PD

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Rate me on Eatonweb Portal Blog Directory
bad enh so so good excellent