Life Changing Injury

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Last breath

Someone asked me recently what I would do if I knew I was dying; if I knew I was going to die tomorrow and I answered without hesitation: I would gather some around me for witnesses and I would make the dying declaration that my ex and her daughter lied to the courts solely for their own reasons.
That all they said and implied was a carefully rehearsed system of lies they concocted with their lawyer.
I would say that the courts that dispossessed me of my home and possessions when I was still struggling to recuperate from surgery was inhuman and illegitimate.

The person asked me if it would make any difference to anyone, and I said it would not. It would make a difference to me to know I would go from this world with one truth on my lips.
And that would be enough.

It would have to be enough, since there would be nothing more for me. And the reality means nothing to anyone else.
An artist said on ABC today that we seek to confine evil - as I once sought to see those who wronged me confined in jail. The great foolishness of my thinking was to assume that the law is concerned with evil. It is not. The law is concerned with itself and nothing else.
And in that narcissistic state, the law has released itself of the concerns of evil, and defined evil in itself.

We must, in order to live in any society, live within the rule of law. And there will always be selfish fools who will gain the positions to make and administer those laws. This is an inherent part of human nature, as much as bullying and abuse.
The best we can do as individuals is to accept the realities of the nature we all share.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Rate me on Eatonweb Portal Blog Directory
bad enh so so good excellent