Life Changing Injury

Thursday, June 01, 2006

PAS - A Practical Example

Parental Alienation Syndrome is not just between parents. All parents compete for their children's affections. It's when one parent (or both) decide that they have to alienate the children from the other that it becomes perverse.
Some people will make light of PAS, saying it's just the normal competition between parents. PAS can be a means for inhuman cruelty and blackmail.

Ob and I purchased a small house. At the time, I was new to Australia, therefore we purchased the house in her name with the understanding that it was our house. We both agreed to pay into the mortgage.
Bank records show that I paid more than half the mortgage payment every month. In addition, I paid for private medical insurance for Ob, her daughter Lob, and myself; and usually one or two bills.

Ob made a sworn statement a few months after we moved into the house to immigration in writing where she stated the arrangement explicitly. (I still have the document; and it's on file with DIMA.)

After a couple of refinancings to pay off her debts, -- which I considered my own anyway -- I became officially a co-owner of the house and the mortgage.

But she conveniently forgot to tell her sons and daughter. (To give you some idea of how isolating such behaviour can be: Her daughter was living with us for these years!)

They thought I was "boarding" in her house. She either told them that explicitly, or they were led to believe it. I found out after living and paying for my home for a couple of years, almost by accident.
Her younger son had built an extension to the garage to house his new boat while he worked on it. He stood in my kitchen and sneered at me when I said I didn't mind what he was doing with the boat; that I was glad to have him around because Ob needed to see him more.
When I told him I owned the house, he ran to Ob, then out to his boat -- and started to remove it. He could not accept the idea that I had a legal right to be in my own home.

Ob used this lie of omission to manipulate the feelings of her children. She abused their trust and loyalty towards their mother to enforce many poor or simply cruel changes in the house.

Finally, she used this perception, manipulating and abusing their trust again, to coerce their support of her when she and her daughter filed false Intervention Orders against me.
Her children refused to accept the agreement between Ob and myself, and were not interested in the facts behind it. They had spent the previous 3+ years thinking of that house as "Mum's house". Ob let them think of it that way, and probably encouraged it.

Her daughter, and her sons, conspired to abuse the prejudices of the Intervention Order process as an extortion scheme. In my weakened condition, (confirmed by written statements from doctors and psychologists the court refused to consider) they succeeded with the help of her attorney.
As I told her attorney the first time I met him at the courthouse: "You just perpetuated three years of abuse."

2 Comments:

  • PAS - This is one of the most peculiar aspect of Family Law. From what I can gather any attempt to raise it in Court usually results in aggressive denial by all and sundry.

    Accusing your x of PAS is tantamount to abuse in the Courts eyes. Which IMO is a refection of the culture of the place - ie:
    that its only the kind considerate, and well behaved fathers that can be
    allowed a weekend a fortnight with their kids 0- but only after all the reports support such a scenario.

    Mention PAS and you will be glared at - not a good idea from all accounts.
    -- Simon on the fathers4equality list

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4:36 PM  

  • I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Rate me on Eatonweb Portal Blog Directory
bad enh so so good excellent