Life Changing Injury

Friday, November 16, 2007

Why I don't practice Family Law..

A long-time lawyer explained why he doesn practice Family Law. He is not alone. I've met at least two other lawyers who've expressed similar feelings to me.


I feel for my clients. One big reason I can¹t practice family law.

The result needs to be fair and equitable.

The legal process as a whole is one which is unfortunately in practice has nothing to do with justice and very much to do with winning.

Unfortunately the family law system is one which is entrenched.

The only way to change it is to change it is to change the law, and that is through the politicians and government both at state and federal level.

A very interesting point, but people should look at the internal guidelines of places like the Department of Human Services in Victoria.

Their guidelines in relation to domestic violence are written in a gender specific nature.

We must ensure that the mother is protected from harm...² we must do everything possible to assist the mother and protect her and the children from the violence and abuse of the father.


I am paraphrasing but people need to look at this. How does a man have a fair chance when government departments have policies such as these!
It's great when one sincere quote from a knowledgeable source pretty much says it all.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Rate me on Eatonweb Portal Blog Directory
bad enh so so good excellent